British Virgin Islands Charter:
Snorkeling, Sailing and Island Exploration of Jost Van Dyke
Join us on a memorable day charter (8 a.m.-4 p.m.) to another country, the British Virgin Islands!
We begin our day with a leisurely, refreshing snorkel in U.S. waters at a healthy reef accessible only by boat. Capt. Phil joins his guests for every snorkel, sometimes bringing up an undersea treasure, such as this West Indian Sea Egg, for his guests to view, then gently returning it to its home on the reef!
On our way to Jost Van Dyke, we sail past the white sand beaches of the beautiful north shore of St. John (above), the historic Sir Francis Drake Channel and Sage Mountain of Tortola, (below) the highest peak in the Virgin Islands. A trip to Jost Van Dyke can include visting Great Harbour and Foxy's or visiting White Bay and the Soggy Dollar Bar.
Arriving at Great Harbour, Jost Van Dyke after a morning sail.
A leisurely stroll to Foxy's along the Great Harbour beach.
After lunch, enjoy the charm of this small island…as well as a look at Foxy's brewery and a classic wooden sloop being built by island youth….or stretch out in a hammock for the island's favorite sport, hammock warming, or shop or enjoy the beach.
The Jost Van Dyke Preservation Society is sponsoring a maritime heritage and education project, the building of a 32' Island Sloop, a 32' Endeavor, right in the "back yard" of Foxy's. But the project is much more than the construction of a boat; it's really about building the island youth, their integrity, work ethic and self esteem. For more on this worthwhile project, go to www.sloopnews.org. The sloop is now finished and is sailing the BVI waters!
The Wayward Sailor is one of very few day sailboats who sail to Jost Van Dyke in the B.V.I., a beautiful sail from St. John, about 7.5 miles (in the distance in the above photo). We do all the required paperwork for you!
Jost Van Dyke, B.V.I. Day Sail Includes:
- Morning snorkel stop with guided snorkeling
- Adventurous sail to/from Jost Van Dyke
- Lunch at Foxy's or Soggy Dollar Bar (not included in charter cost)
- Leisure time after lunch for exploration or relaxation
- Fresh Caribbean snack (including homemade brownies!
- Personal service - maximum of six guests
- Open bar - cold beer, soda, water
- Top of the line snorkel gear and flotation devices
- U.S. Coast Guard licensed captain (100 ton license)
- Professional crew on board
- $150/person plus BVI Customs fees $70/person
- Private charter option $900 for 1-6 guests plus BVI fees
- Spacious cockpit, head (bathroom), optional shade
- Note: This trip requires valid passports!
We are greeted by BVI Customs…and a laid-back island dog!
Foxy's Tamarind Bar and Restaurant, Great Harbour, JVD.
Foxy Callwood of the world famous Foxy's Tamarind Bar, a fun and funky restaurant with great food, live entertainment, the ultimate in island relaxation!
Dear Capt. Phil,
Thanks for an amazing day on Jost Van Dyke! It was the highlight of our vacation. The great snorkeling and the romantic sail back (and the brownies!) will be a my memory I'll always cherish, especially on these Buffalo winter days! We can't wait to come back! Joan and Brad
Enjoy a fresh Caribbean snack on the leisurely down-wind
sail back to St. John.